Want to make a trip to Ancona, Italy? You will find bus tickets to Ancona on our website Infobus.eu. Use the search form above to book your tickets from trusted carriers and travel on modern buses to Ancona.
Local time: 23:02:17 (21.02.2024)
Ancona is a large port in central Italy and a popular resort on the Adriatic Sea. Beach holidays in the classic sense are not very popular here. There are deep places near the shore for those who like to dive and shallow waters for families with children. The city is surrounded by alternating hills and beautiful valleys. Thus, a large number of visitors come here for outdoor activities such as cycling, horse riding and skiing. There are good places for rock climbing and mountaineering in the area. There are many hiking trails and even caving routes in the area, so you can come to Ancona at any time of the year. Tourists from neighbouring cities often arrive here using the Rome-Ancona bus, Bologna-Ancona bus, etc.
You can come to this city from anywhere in the world. In terms of time, price and comfort, the Ancona bus is the most popular choice. You can save money by buying tickets in advance online. You can book tickets to Ancona and other cities in Italy on the INFOBUS website. The earlier you buy them, the cheaper they will be. While visiting the sights of Ancona and its surroundings, you can learn more about the history of the area. Buses and trains often depart from the city to other parts of Italy, for example, the Ancona-Rome bus, the Ancona-Pescara bus.
Modern Ancona is ideal for beach lovers, so it is better to go here in the warm season. The Passetto area has beaches ideal for diving and snorkelling. If tourists are travelling with their families and want to spend their holidays away from the hustle and bustle, they should choose Portonovo beach, which is located 10 km from the city. Ancona hosts the most important festival of the city, Festa del Mare, on the last Sunday of September. The celebration begins with concerts and theatre performances on the waterfront, and restaurants and cafes serve only seafood and the best Italian wines. The celebration then moves to the streets from the waterfront. Bright neon lights are on all over the city, as well as colourful shows, performances for children and a fair. There you can buy seafood and souvenirs that will remain in the memory of guests of Ancona.
Ancona is a port city and the capital of the Marche region in Italy, located on the Adriatic Sea. If you've already bought your bus tickets to Ancona online, then be sure to make a list of things to do upon arrival:
1. Admire the symbol of Ancona - the Arco di Traiano. The Arc de Triomphe was erected in honour of the Roman Emperor Trajan around 115 AD and is perfectly preserved to this day.
2. Drive through the "two-faced" Pius Gate. This monumental structure was built in the late 18th century by order of Pope Pius VI. From the city, it looks grey and ordinary. Instead, those entering Ancona can admire the magnificent baroque bas-reliefs.
3. Visit the unique Cattedrale di San Ciriaco, which the locals call the Duomo di Ancona. The building is over a thousand years old. It is built in a very unusual style - a bizarre mixture of Gothic, Byzantine and Romanesque architecture.
4. Go scuba diving. There are many good places for diving on the coast of the city.
5. Go horseback riding. Horseback riding is very popular here, and the picturesque hillsides and colourful flowering meadows will help you enjoy this ride.
6. Relax in the Parco Cittadella. You can combine a pleasant walk among the lush green vegetation of the park with a tour of the medieval fortress. The highest observation deck in the city, the Torraccia Tower, is also located here.
This city attracts travellers with the diversity of its culture, historical monuments and beautiful coastal views. Guests from neighbouring regions often come here on holiday, using the Pescara-Ancona bus, Naples-Ancona bus, etc.
Ancona is a small port town on the east coast of Italy, so it offers a variety of accommodation options for tourists. The city has many hotels of different comfort levels and price categories. The most popular of them are Grand Hotel Palace, Hotel Fortino Napoleonico, SeePort Hotel, NH Ancona. Guest houses and apartments are a great option for those who prefer a more homely style of accommodation. If you are travelling on a budget, choose hostels. For example, the Ostello Della Gioventù Ancona offers affordable accommodation.
As for the local cuisine, travellers should definitely try Brodetto (a traditional local fish dish with tomatoes, garlic, onions and other spices), Olive all'Ascolana (fried olives stuffed with meat, cheese and herbs), Lacrima di Morro d'Alba (local wine produced in the Marche region), Farfalle con le Cozze (pasta with mussels, garlic, parsley and wine). Ancona offers unique opportunities to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine. We advise you to book a bus to Ancona to experience the unique culture of this region.
Tourists can buy a ticket to Ancona with a sightseeing tour or explore this wonderful city on their own. There are many interesting places to see here:
- The Museo della Scienza e della Tecnologia "Leonardo da Vinci" is suitable for anyone interested in science and technology. It offers exhibitions dedicated to scientific and technological achievements;
- Fortezza del Tramonto - an ancient fortress built on top of a hill and offering spectacular views of the sea and the city;
- Spiaggia del Monte Conero is an ideal location for a summer trip. The beach is located on the Conero Peninsula, which is 11 km from the city;
- Mercato del Papa is a place for those who love gastronomy. The market offers fresh produce, local specialities and traditional Italian dishes.
Don't forget to enjoy the local cuisine and the atmosphere of the cafes and restaurants in the city centre. Ancona has plenty of places where families with children can relax - beaches, a museum, a toy store, a water park, a dolphinarium, and a zoo. If you have time left, you can take the Ancona-Naples bus or the Ancona-Bologna bus and visit some more interesting locations.
You can have a cheap and expensive holiday in Italy - it all depends on your budget and personal preferences. The most expensive purchase is a bus ticket to Ancona, usually it has a fixed price and can be purchased online in advance. The price can vary depending on several factors, including distance, class of service, and time of year. When it comes to food, recreation and accommodation, there are many ways to save money. For example, students and children can get discounts on excursions and public transport.
The average price per night in a standard hotel can range from 50 to 150 euros or more. Public transport, such as buses or trains, can cost between €1.50 and €3 per trip. Car rental can vary, but usually starts at 40-50 euros per day. A taxi will cost more. Local restaurants offer a variety of dishes at different prices. An average dinner in a restaurant can cost from 15 to 40 euros per person. You can have an inexpensive lunch in cafes and snack bars. If you need to exchange currency, do it away from tourist centres to avoid high fees.
Do not miss promotions, discounts and other interesting INFOBUS offers. Sign up for the newsletter and travel with us cheaper!