Košice is the third largest city in Slovakia, located in the east of the country, near the border with Hungary and Ukraine. The closest regional centre of Ukraine to Košice is Uzhhorod, and various transport links between these cities are constantly running, including the Košice-Uzhhorod bus. The city has a rich historical heritage, which is reflected in numerous ancient monuments, churches and architecture. The historic centre of Košice is even included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The city is an educational centre with numerous higher education institutions, including Pavol Josef Šafárik University. There is something to see for every tourist:
- Castle Square (Hlavné námestie) - the heart of the historic centre of Košice with numerous restaurants and architectural gems;
- St Elizabeth's Cathedral - one of the main architectural monuments, this Gothic cathedral was built in the 14th century;
- Košice is famous for its variety of museums, which include the Museum of Cutouts and the East Slovak Museum.
This small town in Slovakia has a vibrant cultural life, with interesting fairs and festivals held annually. Kosice also has an international airport, extensive railway and bus connections, so there are always a lot of tourists from all over Europe. Find the bus schedule Kosice-Uzhhorod on the INFOBUS website.
These cities have an active transport connection, dozens of buses run between them every day. The distance between them is short, so modern buses Kosice-Uzhhorod will cover it in 3-4 hours. Uzhhorod is a city located in western Ukraine, bordering Slovakia and Hungary. Uzhhorod impresses with its architecture, history and cultural heritage. Here you can find monuments of different eras, such as Uzhhorod Castle, St Michael's Church, Potocki Palace, and others.
If you are in Uzhhorod, be sure to visit the following places of interest:
- Uzhhorod Castle - has a rich history and often hosts various cultural events;
- The Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Transcarpathia - demonstrates authentic buildings and life of the peoples of Transcarpathia;
- St George's Greek Catholic Church - is one of the largest wooden churches in Europe. It is considered a symbol of the city and impresses with its architecture;
- Korzo - a pedestrian street in the city centre where you can have a nice stroll, enjoying the architecture of the buildings, visit cafes or restaurants and enjoy local dishes;
- The UzhNU Botanical Garden is a wonderful place to walk around and learn about the diversity of plants;
- Coffee Museum "About Coffee" - worth a visit for coffee lovers, here they will learn more about the history and production process of this favourite drink;
- Thermal pools in Solotvyno - located a few kilometres from the city. They are worth a visit for anyone who wants to enjoy and improve their health with healing waters.
The city has a unique character due to its geographical location, where various cultural and historical influences meet. It attracts tourists with its mountainous landscapes and the opportunity to visit different countries that are located nearby.
The distance from Kosice to Uzhhorod is only 100 km, so Ukrainians and Slovaks often visit each other. As a border city, Uzhhorod is a point of cultural exchange between different nationalities and cultures. In addition, the capital of Transcarpathia has always been famous for its hospitality, which is why it attracts Europeans with its traditions and gastronomic experiences.
You can get to Uzhhorod by bus not only from neighbouring cities and states, but also from the CIS countries, just enter "buy a ticket Kosice Uzhhorod" in the Internet search and choose the most convenient option. On the INFOBUS website, you can find out the ticket price, seat availability, route and duration of the trip, as well as other useful information. You can book a bus ticket several weeks in advance. On the official INFOBUS website, you can also book seats for other popular bus routes Uzhhorod-Prague, Uzhhorod-Lviv, Kyiv-Uzhhorod, Uzhhorod-Bratislava, Kosice-Krakow, Kosice-Warsaw, Kosice-Mukachevo.
How from Košice quickly reach the center of Uzhgorod in 2024. Routes of buses on the map with stops. From where do the coaches in Košice depart and where they arrive at Uzhgorod. Travel time by bus: how many hours coach go to Ukraine, the distance in kilometers.
Do not miss promotions, discounts and other interesting INFOBUS offers. Sign up for the newsletter and travel with us cheaper!